Position type: Full Time
Pay/Salary: $15.50 - $19.00/hour
Produces quality sub-assemblies including gear cases, hydraulics, spinners, and wiring harness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assembles mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components.
- Operates hand tool, power tools, and crane to complete assembly operations.
- Verifies assembly by visual inspection and utilization of measurements.
- Completes work assignments within standard guidelines of time and quality.
- Keeps work area clean and organized while following the lean initiatives.
- Completes required PMs on tools and machines used.
- Performs quality checks on work completed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- 0-2 years of experience; previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required; must be able to use computer systems to look-up information, clock-in/clock-out, and report work activities. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Good math skills are required; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read a tape measure up to 1/32”.
- Experience with hand tools including power tools such as impact drivers and drills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; up to 8 hours in an 8 hour shift. The employee will frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. The employee will push/pull with up to 110 pounds of force. The employee will push down with 140 pounds of force at the waist level. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to balance, climb ladders, or work on platforms to access elevated equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration, and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. Employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Employee is required to wear steel toed shoes, gloves, and safety glasses. The noise level in the plant shop environment is moderately loud.