Field Service Representative
Position type: Full Time
Provides technical service, support, and training to meet and exceed customer expectations. Supports and develops both dealer and customer relationships. This individual must be dependable, driven, and willing to travel. This is considered a developmental position for eventual promotion to Field Service Representative II.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a positive emissary of HECO at all times.
- Serves as a point of contact for dealers, end users, and field sales regarding “in-the-field” technical needs.
- Trains dealers/distributors to meet territory needs as instructed.
- Assists with the development and testing of new ideas and products as requested.
- Assists with field requirements related to warranty and repair claims.
- Participates in product improvement and enhancement efforts.
- Assists in the training of employees, dealers, and end-users in the proper use and repair of all HECO products.
- Participates in product recall programs.
- Travels as needed with other HECO field personnel with a focus on field service, testing, training, etc.
- Attends and professionally represents HECO at selected regional and national trade shows and meetings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- An Associate’s degree or two-year certificate in vocational technologies/industrial arts; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel as need.
- Ability to submit accurate and timely reports.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the installation of hydraulics and control systems. Experience with truck mounted or mobile equipment is preferable.
- Ability to work with hand tools is required. Will use own hand tools and company provided specialty tools.
- Ability to navigate computer systems/databases and create basic spreadsheets and word documents.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, distinguish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Acceptable driving record.
To apply for a position at Highway Equipment Company, please submit an online application or send your completed application, resume, and cover letter via:
Mail: Highway Equipment Company, Attn: HR, 1330 76th Ave, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404