Position type: Full Time
Pay/Salary: 52,000 -65,000
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and other requisitions for the organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a positive representative of HECO at all times.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and develops buying strategy.
- Leads change projects within and outside of department.
- Negotiates long term contracts with suppliers for material and services.
- Actively seeks cost saving opportunities to present.
- Works with suppliers to establish optimal supply chain.
- Leads supplier selection process.
- Assists in Capital Expenditure bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Uses purchasing metrics to develop suppliers and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine root cause and develop corrective action plan.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users. Recommends disposal of surplus materials.
- Works with sales and service to accurately develop purchasing forecast for long term contracts and sales incentive programs.
- Supports new product development projects.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient understanding of ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Negotiation and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and interface with computer systems while maintaining a high level of concentration. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of files or supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for a position at Highway Equipment Company, please submit an online application or send your completed application, resume, and cover letter via:
Mail: Highway Equipment Company, Attn: HR, 1330 76th Ave, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404